William Freestone (born Barrowby, 1802) married Zilpha Robinson (born Potterhanworth, 1809). Their first 3 children, were born in Great Gonerby but in the 1840s the family moved to Temple Hill Farm near Brandon where they had 2 more children. The children were:
- Emma (b 1835)
- William Henry (b 1838)
- Edward (b 1842)
- George and Adaliza (b 1848)
When William Henry married he took over Temple Hill and William and Zilpha moved into Brandon village, probably Church Lane Farm. They were still there in 1881 but had moved to Nottinghamshire, presumably living with a relation (possibly Emma’s daughter) before they died in 1886 (Zilpha) and 1887 (William). They were buried at Hough.
William Henry Freestone married Rebecca Coltman (born in Hannover, Germany) (pictured sitting) in the 1860s. They seem to have taken over Temple Hill farm. They had 12 children including Annie Gertrude and Zilpha Rebecca (small picture and standing). They remained at Temple Hill until moving to Winkburn, Notts (near Maplebeck) in the late 1880s. In 1901 they were living in Newark. William Henry died 1909 and is buried at Hough.
Emma Freestone married William Stuffin in 1859 and moved with him to Maplebeck, Notts. After her husband died in 1871 she moved back to Brandon to live with her parents at Church Lane Farm. In 1901 she was living with her daughter Evelina Wagstaff in Nottingham. Emma died in 1907
Edward doesn’t seem to have married. In 1871 he was living alone in Long Bennington, a farmer of 131 acres, but in 1881 he was back with his parents in Brandon. We haven’t traced him in 1891, but by 1901 he was living in Claypole; he died and was buried there in 1917.
Adaliza married Thomas Brown from Long Bennington and moved away from the parish.