Frank W Partridge was born in Brandon about 1885. His mother Jane M (nee Robinson, born Hough) had married Samuel Partridge in 1881. Samuel came from a Warwickshire medical family, but he was a sea captain. Later in 1881 Jane was boarding with the Partridge family in Meriden Cottage, Meriden, Warwickshire. In 1891 the young Frank was living with his uncle William Robinson at the Old Hall, Brandon, whilst Samuel (master mariner) and Jane were boarding in Newcastle. In 1901 Jane was living in Caythorpe.
We believe that Frank married in Newark in 1910, where they may have lived at 15 Stanley St. A Partridge is listed in Hough parish in the 1913 Kelly’s directory. Frank served in the First World War, in the Lincolnshire Yeomanry (regimental number 16106), the Machine Gun Corps (56066) then the Corps of Hussars (79168).