Gelston Grange farmhouse was initially known as Loveden Grange. It was built in 1840, adding to earlier farm buildings probably built c1800.
John Carr was the first tenant of the holding which consisted of 93 acres. In 1867 Carr was declared insolvent and John Squires, grazier of Gelston, took over the tenancy. John remained there until replaced by Henry Squires, who farmed here until 1937.